S.V.C.P.A - Central Veterinary Service for the protection of animals used for experimental and other scientific purposes
The Central Veterinary Service was established in 1994 to provide advice on the welfare and proper handling of animals used for experimental and other scientific purposes at the University of Turin. It provides the following services:
- Evaluation of the welfare conditions of experimental animals (Art. 5, Legislative Decree 116/92)
- Provide veterinary clinic advice and assistance to the stables of the University (Art. 12 Legislative Decree 116/92)
- Provide advice on animal welfare (Art. 12, Legislative Decree 116/92)
- Maintain contacts with the Ministry of Health as part of skills
- Provide for the periodic census of all university facilities concerned
- Collect all documentation regarding the approved experimental protocols and report back once a year to the central organs of the University.